Saturday, July 27, 2013

Squirty Thirties

Jeff and I have an excuse for everything. . . literally ONE excuse. . . for everything. Our excuse is that we're in our "squirty thirties" which just means we're in that time of life when a lot of things get neglected or dropped in order that other, more urgent, matters might me taken care of. It is also a nice excuse if one of us passes gas (which hopefully is not actually "squirty"). This blog is a great example of one of those things that got dropped. I can't even remember what I was going to blog about first, so I thought I would just put some pictures in here from the last week or so.


The elders quorum (of which Jeff is the 2nd counselor, and Dave my brother is the president) in our ward put together a coast day for any families that wanted to come. Here are a bunch of the kids from our ward in different stages of being buried. I would draw your attention to Isaac at the far right, jumping on Eddie who is, for some reason, smiling.

Isaac and Eddie

Jude LOVES finding body parts of sea creatures! This crab leg was a great prize!

Jude relaxing in the grass

This is my sister-in-law Jo, who claims she never looks good in pictures. I think this one is family calendar worthy!

Joseph and Leila (cousins) were running all around in the grass and hiding in there all day. At one point, we looked over there to check on them, and Joseph AND Leila were at least shirtless, Lord of the Flies-ing it! We parents, who probably should have been watching them more closely (but remember, we ARE in our squirty thirties, so. . . ) called out to them to put their clothes back on, and then Jo gave them a lecture about "appropriateness". 


It was not until we got out of the car in Seaside, that we realized Leila, in her scramble to cover her shame, put her swimming suit on over her pants. She was a little embarrassed and did not want her picture taken. 

I took the kids to participate in the all-comers track meet two weeks in a row. Jude fell asleep the 2nd week, and that's why he's not pictured here. But this is Leila (lane 3 in the white shirt, blue shorts) doing the hurdles. She claims she is a great hurdler because she gets it from her Aunt Carlie who is also a great hurdler and a track coach.

Of course this movie is sideways. This is Eddie hurdling in lane 4.

Leila always stretches at the start line. This is right before the 200.

This is Eddie running the 200 (2nd lane from the left), for which he got 3rd place!



Leila in the 50 meter dash

 It recently occurred to me that Jeff and I have not had our pictures taken on purpose since our wedding over a year ago! Despite that fact, I think there are some of you who are wondering what we look like lately. Well, there are always those great pics you find on your camera after your kids have gotten ahold of it. So, here's one of Jeff taken about 4 days ago by Jude.


Jude is actually a budding photographer, as is evidenced in one of my rarest moments he captured about 3 days ago.


But I got him back!

Thanks for reading! Don't give up on me! I will continue to add to this blog come Hell or high water!








































3 comments:

  1. Looks awesome! Beach day sounded like an unforgettable adventure, but it also sounds like you have adventures like that a lot...little jealous. You can be sure Jo's pic will be going in the family calander. They are some of those people who never take pictures of themselves either and i thought I'd like to know what they look like too. Pictures from our kids are horrific...actually, they're probably just more true-to-form than anything else and it's always a little embarrassing to see how ugly Pregnant Body looks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOOOooooh I just added you to my blog feed on bloglovin so that everytime you update your blog I get an email. So, I don't have to blog stalk you the old fashioned way! I always love the updates Hilary! You have the cutest little family and I miss you.

    ReplyDelete